What are the legal grounds for the use of your data?
According to privacy legislation, we have to say what “legal grounds” we have to use your data. We need information from you because of the contractual agreements between you and Scholtens Werkplek, such as your purchase of a product or your right to warranty. This is the case with:
Ordering & pre-order
Return & repair
Trade-in & Second Chance
Contact our customer service
In addition, we can use your data for “legitimate interest”. This means that we want to provide all our customers with the best possible personal service. We always think of your privacy. This is true for:
Reviews & customer satisfaction survey
Contact our customer service
Visit the Scholtens workstation website
Newsletter & email
We may also have a legal obligation to use your data, for example when we suspect fraud. And sometimes you have given us permission to use your data yourself, such as when you sign up for the newsletter.
We only pass on your details to other parties if this is really necessary for our services. This concerns these parties: delivery partners, suppliers or repairers, product support, payment partners, IT service providers and parties that collect our reviews. After all, our delivery partner has to deliver your order to the right address and it is nice if a repairman comes to your home to make your chair. And not accidentally standing next to the neighbors with a chair on the sidewalk. Parties such as data management platforms, media and advertising agencies and research agencies come into the picture as soon as we want to give you personal advice or show targeted advertisements, for example based on your interest in certain products. In suspicious situations, we are required to share customer data with government agencies.
We slaan je gegevens op in verschillende databases. We hanteren altijd strenge beveiligingsmaatregelen. Oost west, thuis best: daarom worden je gegevens bijna altijd opgeslagen binnen de Europese Unie. In het uitzonderlijke geval dat klantgegevens worden doorgegeven naar landen buiten de Europese Unie, zorgen we ervoor dat jouw privacy op een passende manier beschermd blijft. Bij een buitenlandse leverancier zijn uitsluitend jouw n.a.w gegevens bekend zodat een artikel direct aan je geleverd kan worden. Sommige Amerikaanse partijen hebben zich geregistreerd onder het Privacy Shield dat voldoende bescherming biedt. Of we werken met officiële modelcontracten die speciaal zijn opgesteld om jouw privacy te waarborgen.
How long do we keep your data?
We do not store and use your data longer than necessary. Then we delete all data we have from you. Or do we use your data anonymously, because we need certain data for internal analyzes and reports such as the value of your order.
Sounds nice and simple, but how does that work in practice? We adhere to certain periods, after which we delete your data. These are they:
- We delete inactive customer accounts after 10 years. After that period, we only use your data anonymously, for internal reports.
- According to the Tax Authorities, we have to keep our records with your invoice, payment and order data for 7 years. After that, we only use anonymous data for internal reports. You must also keep the invoices of your purchases well, for example when your warranty expires.
- If you have your product repaired or replaced by Scholtens Workplace, we will keep your report and contact details for 7 years. After that, we only use your data anonymously, for internal reports.
- If you have subscribed to the newsletter or have given permission to receive personalized messages, we will keep that permission for 5 years. Even if you decide at a given moment that you no longer wish to receive the newsletter or personalized messages, we will retain the withdrawal of your request. We do not store the emails you receive from us for longer than 60 days. So you don’t have to worry about getting the same email from us more often.
- We keep data that we use to prevent fraud for a long time. Not nice, but necessary.
What are your rights?
Of course you remain in charge of your data. Do you want to have free access to your personal data and receive a copy? Or do you want to change, delete, restrict usage or adjust your email preferences? No problem. You can do this yourself in your account. Or you can let us know by post or e-mail. That way, you can also object to the use of your data for marketing purposes or indicate that you think your privacy outweighs our interest. In that case, we review the situation.
Unsubscribing from the newsletter is easy. You can do this in your account or via the link at the bottom of the newsletter itself. And do you no longer want cookies at all? You can also arrange this yourself. Read how to do this in our cookie statement.
We want to make sure that you really are you. Therefore, we may request additional information from you to establish your identity. We also do this for unclear requests.
Do you have any questions or complaints?
For questions or complaints about your data and the protection of your privacy, you can contact Scholtens Workplace
If you are not satisfied with how Scholtens Workplace deals with your privacy, you can contact the privacy authority.
Who is responsible for your data?
This is our Chamber of Commerce number: 30138372
This is our VAT identification number: NL805535998B01You can reach us like this:
Writing: IJburglaan 467, 1087 BE, Amsterdam